Friday, August 6, 2010

HEAVEN!

Last month Mike and I were able to take a break from everything and spend a whole week in heaven with my family, that heaven being Lake Powell. It was SO fun and a much needed break from school and work. I spent my week reading, swimming, skiing, and doing absolutely nothing. It was FANTASTIC!

Mike and my brother-in-law Chad had both never been wakeboarding before, so they were both determined to learn how to wakeboard together. They were both up the first day there and by the end of the week, and after burning a lot of gas in the boat, they were grinding the wake, and attempting to jump over it. Mike took a lot of hits and had the wind knocked out of him a hundred times, but he had a blast and I'm so glad.

Mike is doing his famous trick in this picture where he touches the water, lets go of the rope, and hurries to grab the rope just in the nick of time... ok not really, but I love this picture. Can you say face plant?



Aren't we lovely... I have no idea what our bodies are doing.
Mike had to give me a pep talk (more like yell at me, but in a nice way?) before jumping which really helped since I am NOT a fan of heights. I also found that if you yell and scream right before you push off it really helps. :)





How cool of a dad is he? Colter, my 15 year old nephew, convinced my brother Justin to shave in some chops for the week and what did he do?



Where our houseboat was parked. We had shade almost all day which was so nice!


View from the houseboat


The Family


I'm so happy that we were able to go! Mike loved it and still likes my family so that's a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment