Saturday, December 18, 2010

What to do when you're unemployed

I'm sort of obsessed with craft blogs and I have a whole list of things that I have wanted to make for a LONG time :)I saw this blog with a great wreath idea (http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-acorn-wreath.html) and automatically thought, since we are trying to stay on a tight budget, something like this would make a fabulous Christmas gift for my mom and mother-in-law. I couldn't find acorns like she used so I decided to go with the lima bean idea. It was probably a little cheaper anyway. It was really easy and cheap. Don't worry, they don't even know I have a blog so no surprises ruined :)


What you need: 1 straw wreath (I would recommend a styrofoam wreath. The straw bunched up in some places so the beans wouldn't sit flat, not to mention the MESS), a glue gun, 2 bags of large lima bean, a lot of hot gun glue, and a can of spray paint.

Please ignore the nasty carpet

Glue on the beans in whatever pattern you would like







Spray paint it




And add a ribbon



Easy as that!

No comments:

Post a Comment